Prof J S Rajkumar
Dr J S Rajkumar graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai with 32 gold medals. After that, he went on to do his post graduation and got four F.R.C.S to his credit. He then trained in the United Kingdom under senior surgeons on advanced general surgery and hepato-biliary and pancreatic surgery.
He is a prolific surgeon with a huge volume of laparoscopic and open surgeries in Chennai since 1993. He is also one of the International Examiners for the Royal College of Surgeons , Edinburgh. He is the Chairman of the LifelineGroup of Hospitals, founded by him in 1997, with two tertiary hospitals and two primary hospitals.He was also responsible for setting up the First Ever Stem Cell Unit in Chennai and also for reporting the first successful case after stem cell therapy.The hospital has done clinical trials on various fields like spinal cord injury, liver diseases, neuro etc on about 650 patients.
Dr Rajkumar is the Chairman of the Association of Surgeons of India, TN & P chapter for the year 2011-12 and the founder member of He is totally committed towards treating HIV patients and patients with advanced cancer. He founded a trust in 1997 called “ Dr Rajarathnam Medical and Educational Foundation “ by means of which he continues to render free service to hundreds of HIV and cancer patients. He is the recipient of several awards for his vocational excellence from Organisations like Rotary, Lions, Public Relations Syndicate, Ved Vyas Trust etc.Dr Rajkumar is a very good singer and enjoys writing and has written many poetries and articles for several magazines. He is a voracious reader and a very good orator. He has many publications to his credit both in national and International journals.
- Chairman – Lifeline Group of Hospitals. Chennai
- Chairman ( 2011-2012 ) TN & P, Association of Surgeons of India
- Examiner – National Board of Examinations
- Examiner – Royal College of Surgeons
- Visiting Professor of Surgery – Sri Balaji Medical College, Chennai
- Visiting Professor of Surgery – Rajah Muthaiah Medical College, Chidambaram
- Editor – Digestive Surgery , Indian Edition
- Director – Doctor’s Medical College, Chennai
- Founder Member – College of Surgeons of India, New Delhi
- Mentor for Advanced Laparoscopy, Indian Association of Gastroenterologists and Endosurgeons
- Mentor for Colorectal and Obesity Surgery – COVIDIEN
- Mentor for Obesity / Hernia /Advanced Lap Surgeries – ETHICON